This assignment is designed for students analyze aspects of poverty using the sociological imagination and how income is distributed in the United States. This film examines living in poverty through the eyes of children.
- Students will need to respond to the following questions:
- Explain the term Economic Restructuring.
- What were some of the consequences of the economic restructuring on these families? Make sure to use specific examples from the film.
- Applying the sociological imagination to this film—Poor Kids:
- Explain a personal trouble and provide an example from the film illustrating the personal trouble;
- Explain a public issue of this film and provide an example from the film illustrating the public issue.
- Using your sociological imagination explain how living in poverty can determine persons’ life chances (make sure to explain the term life chances in your own words) Your responses need to be as specific as possible.
- How does this film connect to the chapter on social stratification? — your response needs to include relevant sociological concepts from chapter on social stratification, relevant specific examples from the film, and clear explanation of the connections. Please make sure to bold the sociological concepts you use from the chapter.
- Why do you think this film was shot using children’s perspectives about poverty?
- Explain what types of structural changes are needed in order to change the lives of families/children living in poverty (be as specific as possible).
“WE’VE HAD A GOOD SUCCESS RATE ON THIS ASSIGNMENT. PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH SCHOLAR WRITERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
The post Aspects of Poverty appeared first on Scholar Writers.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"