Week 5 Discussion
This week we’ve talked about polynomials and their properties. Polynomials show up in the real world a lot more than you would think! Applications can be found in physics, economics, meteorology, and more.
One real-world example of a degree-two polynomial is the projectile motion equation used in physics:
Details about this formula can be found at the brainfuse.com website.
For example, if you hit a baseball at shoulder height (say about , you may have an initial velocity of around. The force of gravity is about .
We can convert our miles to hour to feet per second (89.5 mph = 131.3 ft/s) and create an equation that would model the height of the ball at time t:
For the discussion this week we will use this equation in a baseball application. Techniques from 1.4 and 3.1 will be used. Show all of your work!
- Pick a baseball player’s average exit velocity from this list and convert it to feet per second.
- Estimate the height in feet that the ball would be hit and plug this and your velocity into the position equation. Give the equation.
- Find the maximum height of the ball (vertex).
- Find when the ball hits the ground (zeros).
- What role do you think the angle of the hit would play in modifying this equation or the values?
Brainstorming Your Topic
For this discussion, share the topic you’ve chosen to write about for your Week 6 Rough Draft. (You might want to jump ahead and review the requirements for this assignment.) Share the following aspects of your topic:
- Exigence: What has prompted you to respond to this topic? (Other than the exigence of having to write a paper to earn a grade. This is a given.)
- Potential audiences: Identify three potential audiences who might be interested in or affected by this topic. (Your audience cannot be “everyone,” “the general public” or any other broad or vague audience. Be as specific as possible in defining potential audiences.)
- Possible avenues of research: What will you need to know or learn about in order to write effectively on this topic? Where might you find this information? (Note: Scholarly sources will be required of the Rough Draft, though you may use any other sources you deem appropriate if you can justify their use.)
- Most importantly: Generate a research question for your paper. This differs from generating a thesis statement (which is the answer to a question). Instead of deciding in advance what position you want to argue, a research question is open-ended. See the W4 Assignment for examples of research questions.
TOPIC: SHOULD INSURANCE COMPANIES BE ALLOWED TO CHARGE HIGHER WAGES BASED ON A PERSON’S AGE?
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
complete three short discussions due grantham 1 was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 1:47 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
complete three short discussions due grantham 1 was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 1:48 am.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"