Engineering Material (ENGM 310) Final Project
You may pick smart materials such as piezoelectric (PZE) or piezoressistive materials (PZR), transducers, shape memory alloys (SMA), energy storage materials, ferroelectrics, self-healing materials, multiferroics,piezomagnetics, electro and magnetostrictive materials, any multifunctiona materials, thermoelectrics, photovoltaics, electro and magnetocaloric materials, electrochromics, and electroactive polymers Your assignment:
- Research the current development and application of the material you selected
- Study/research the microstructural properties of the material
- Study/research the method of processing of the material, the process control variables, and their effect on the performance of the material
- Discuss some of the properties of the material and identify the properties that makes the material unique
- You may bring the smart material of your choice to class to demonstrate its application
- Example: You may show a PZE material generating a current when subjected to mechanical load or vice versa
- You may research to quantify the amount of current produced in PZE materials with a certain magnitude of deformation or load
- You may demonstrate a SMA memorizes its shape after subjected to a stimuli
- You may show the generation of electric city in ferroelectric material
- You may create use Arduino, create your half-bridge circuit on a breadboard, attach your smart material as one resistor and show if the voltage drop in the material changes as you deform the material
- And using any other material to demonstrate their use and function
- You may research and develop your own smart material and discuss and write a report how you came up with the idea
Criteria Used to Grade Paper (6-7 pages length, 1.5 spaced, 12 point font)
- Logical development of topic
- Reliable data from credible source
- Use of guidelines
Use the Following Bibliography Format:
Number the referenced quotes, ideas, figures or data in your report text using numbered format [#]. Then at the end of the document, list your references in numerical order [#] using the following format:
Basic Book Format:
[#] Lastname, Firstname. Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, Year of Publication.
Book up to 3 authors:
- Nabokov, Vladimir, and John Smith. Lolita. New York: Putnam, 1955.
Book by more than 3 authors:
- Gilman, Sander, et al. Hysteria beyond Freud. Berkeley: U of California P, 1993.
Journal article (if more than 3 authors, you may use et al. after the 1st author):
[#] Author’s Last name, First name. “Article Title.” Publication Title Volume Number (Year): Page Range.
- Laing, Jennifer, and Warwick Frost. “How Green Was My Festival: Exploring Challenges and Opportunities Associated With Staging Green Events.” International Journal of Hospitality Management 29 (2010): 261-
- Cornell University Library. “Introduction to Research.” Cornell University Library. Cornell University, 2009. Web. 19 June 2009 <http://www.library.cornell.edu/resrch/intro>.
Personal Web site:
If a work is untitled, you may use a genre label such as Home page, Introduction, etc.
- Rule, Greg. Home page. Web. 16 Nov. 2008. <web address>.
Entry in an online encyclopedia:
- “Einstein, Albert.” Encyclopaedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, 1999. Web. 27 Apr. 2009.
*** for other types of references, see the online MLA guidelines: http://www.workscited4u.com/mla_format.php
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
Source by [author_name]
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"