The essay is about isolation in the novel Frankenstein by Mary Shelley alongside the journal articles in the uploaded files.
Here is my Outline
Topic: Victor Frankenstein’s Alienation in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
Thesis: The creator (Monster), Frankenstein, and Walton’s physical isolation result from a mental and emotional breakdown.
A. In Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the effects of Victor Frankenstein’s isolation cause a downfall on other protagonists in the novel. The gothic nature in the novel is the gloomy environment where the main characters isolated themselves.
1. Scientist Victor Frankenstein isolates himself from his friends and family due to his obsession with creating the creature.
2. Frankenstein abandons the creature which makes the creature to hate him.
3.When Walton lust a friend during a sailing expedition, he decides to isolate his self since there is no one who qualifies for a comrade.
II. Body Section one –The creature
A. The creature isolates his self-due to his physical appearance and inability to interact and with humans.
1. The Creature learns survival skills and stills gets rejected.
2. Unfair treatment from the Delacey family.
B. The creature is seen as an alien
1. The Delacey family constantly reminds the creature that has no family which causes him to isolate himself.
2. The creature requests for a female creature (Wife) from Victor.
III. Body Section two – Victor Frankenstein
A. Victor Frankenstein creates the creature and isolates himself.
1. Frankenstein attempts creates replica of himself (From his childhood, society and family).
2. Frankenstein isolates himself complete the creation of this creature.
B. Frankenstein promises to create a wife for the creature and isolates himself.
1. Victor travels to Europe.
2. Victor Frankenstein occasionally dreams about his isolated son (The creature).
C. Frankenstein occasionally isolates himself throughout his quest for his son.
1. The death of Elizabeth forces him to move to the arctic
2. He regrets promising the creature a wife.
IV. Body Section three – Walton
A. Robert Walton wants to discover the northern route to the Atlantic
1. He isolates his self from the crew who is supposed to assist him
2. Walton only has a sister
B. Walton desires for one to empathize with him (Need of a friend)
1. Walton introduces Victor as his brother to his crew.
2. Walton searches for another version of himself.
A. Finally, Isolation creates severe hardship for the protagonists in the novel.
1. Since Victor Frankenstein, the creature and Walton are isolated, they possess a friendless feeling.
This is my introduction paragraph
In Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the effects of Victor Frankenstein’s isolation cause a downfall on other protagonists in the novel. The creature, Victor Frankenstein, and Robert Walton’s physical isolation have a direct correlation with the mental and emotional breakdowns. Gothic nature highlights the sublime and grotesque features of nature which are picturesque, extraordinary, and may symbolize an absence of faith, hope, or control. Frankenstein abandons the creature which makes the creature hate him. Scientist Victor Frankenstein isolates himself from his friends and family due to his obsession with creating the creature. Walton losses his friend during a sailing expedition and isolates himself since there is no one who qualifies for a comrade. Although the main characters in Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein suffer from isolation, the creature is the most isolated character through ou the novel.
My introduction is 1 page. You can use it. In total, I should be getting 8 pages
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted rate
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.