PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS!!!! and SEE ATTACHMENTS!!!!!
Must Know Psychology
Introduction to Abnormal Psychology
CASE STUDY # 6
An enlisted man in the Air Corps had some previous experience as a private pilot. After
a disagreement with his wife, he decided to punish her by committing suicide.
Choosing the most dramatic method he could think of, he took off in a large,
unattended aircraft and made several passes at the local river, each time pulling up
before he plunged in. Very soon, all other aircrafts were diverted to other cities, and
the local control tower was concentrating on trying to persuade him to change his
mind. He finally agreed, but then he discovered that although he knew how to take off,
he did not know how to land the unfamiliar plane. After some tense interchanges with
the tower control, however, he managed to get the plane down. When the military
police arrived at the plane, he found himself unable to remember his name or anything
about his identity, his present situation, or the events leading up to it.
Analyze the symptoms of individuals, properly diagnose their disorders…
1. Read the assigned case vignette
2. Diagnosis the psychological disorder
3. After diagnosis check with me to make sure its correct diagnosis
1. Assume the reader has no specific knowledge of psychological disorders
2. Type, doubled spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font
3. Use proper APA style citations (For help with format and guidelines, from Moodle, go to the squares symbol [blocks links] > select library guides from the drop down > click on Research Assistance > Citation Management > APA Style [citation guidelines and formatting are here])
4. Be sure to include a title page and (title should be your diagnosis and case study number)
5. Each section should include a heading as shown below
· Diagnosis (Intro)
· Highlighted Manifestations (symptoms/behaviors)
· Etiological Dimension(s) (Discuss the multipath model/biological, psychological, social, sociocultural dimensions; if a single dimension is focused on be sure to provide understanding on the influence)
· Effective Treatment Options
APA Format and Mechanics: 10 points
APA citations (peer reviewed, scholarly): 25 points
Diagnosis: 25 points
Etiological Dimension (s): 15 points
Effective Treatment Options: 15 points
Conclusion: 10 points
Total Possible Points: 100
The post Due monday by 8:30pm introduction to abnormal psychology appeared first on oneacademyessays.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.