Analyze, with a partner, the online instruction manual for a home appliance, or locate an online manual for a similar product. Answer the following questions in your analysis:
Write a summary with your partner summarizing your analysis of the instructions.
University of Phoenix Material
Society for Technical Communication Scavenger Hunt
Go to the website for the Society for Technical Communication located at http://www.stc.org/ and find the answers to the following questions.
Write the answers in your own words using complete sentences.
Submit the completed assignment to your instructor.
· What is the Society for Technical Communication (STC)?
· What is STC’s mission statement? (Note. This can be quoted from the STC site.)
· To be considered technical communications, communications must exhibit one or more of three characteristics. What are they?
· Name three technical communications careers.
· What is the name of the STC peer-reviewed journal?
· What is a special interest group (SIG)?
· Name one SIG.
· What is your city and state? What professional chapter is closest to where you live?
· What is the difference between technical writing and technical communication?
· Based on your reading of Ch. 1 of your text, what are the characteristics of writing at work? What must you keep in mind when writing at work, and how does it differ from writing for school?
Refer to Ch. 1 & 10 of your text for this assignment.
Write instructions for a task applying the qualities of good technical writing. The instructions should be a brief 4- to 7-line how-to. Do not let the seeming simplicity of the task fool you. Think about the items needed, steps involved, cautions needed, tips, and so forth, before you begin writing.
Revise your writing as needed to increase the clarity and readability of your instructions. Demonstrate good organization and a logical sequence that enables people to complete the task.
Select one of the following tasks for your instructional how-to:
Submit the final draft of your assignment to your instructor as a Microsoft® Word document.
The post Need help with week 1 homework three small parts appeared first on oneacademyessays.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.