Choose a personality disorder from the following list, and obtain instructor approval for your selection:
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation detailing your team’s chosen personality disorder. Include the following:
· Describe the diagnostic criteria of the disorder.
· Explain the challenges for treating clients with this disorder.
· Describe the pros and cons of possible therapeutic interventions for treating clients with this disorder. 4 slides with speak notes needed.
Cite a minimum of three sources in your presentation.
Format any citations in your presentation consistent with appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Submit your presentation.
Conduct a 5- to 10-minute role-play of a treatment session with a client with this disorder via video or audio recording (using a platform of your choice that will allow you to record, i.e. ZOOM). Include the following:
· The team member representing the client should do the following:
· Display behavioral symptoms of the personality disorder.
· Present issues that are commonly seen with clients with this disorder.
· The team member representing the counselor should do the following:
· Demonstrate appropriate therapeutic behaviors for working with a client with this disorder.
· Demonstrate treatment strategies that are appropriate for treating a client with this disorder.
Include a brief class discussion after the role-play to help the class identify the symptoms presented in the role-play related to the disorder.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.