Identify a problem at a company that you feel can be improved by implementing a new process or technology. Note: This must be a real company and a real process that you feel needs improvement but the focus should NOT be on the company but rather on the process to be improved.
Note: You may want to start with either a problem that you have identified at a company OR a technology advancement or tool that you feel could help with a problem at a company, rather than starting with the company itself.
LO 1: STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
- Identify an operations problem that could negatively affect the efficiency and/ or productivity of the organization. This problem must be one that can be resolved by implementing a new technology.
- Clearly define the current process (â€œcurrent stateâ€), including the problem, in detail, and provide supporting flowcharts and diagrams. *You may have to create these.
- Break up large problems into smaller sub-problems.
- Clearly state the impact and the extent of the problem on the organization and/or customer
- Clearly state the purpose of the paper as an attempt to solve the problem you have identified.
LO 2: PROBLEM ANALYSIS
- Identify relevant factors leading to the problem (e.g. social, political, economic, and legal). One example of a factor would be an OSHA Safety Regulation.
- Clearly state possible causes of the problem
- Be sure to identify the difference between a symptom and a problem
- Clearly state all issues (reasons why the problem is important to resolve), including any secondary or â€˜non-obviousâ€™ issues
- Prioritize issues
LO 3: PROBLEM SOLUTIONS
- Research emerging technology or process innovations that could be an opportunity for the company and this process.
- Identify and describe a minimum of two possible solutions to the problem through the implementation of researched technology innovations.
- Describe fully the possible solutions, including supporting flowcharts and diagrams
- Discuss merits of both solutions, including all relevant factors necessary to make a decision between the two. Be sure not to neglect cost factors (you may need to provide estimated costs)
LO 4: SOLUTION JUSTIFICATION
- Clearly state your proposed solution (one of the two options proposed in LO3: Problem Solutions)
- Explain in detail why you are recommending this solution and how you feel it will specifically solve or alleviate the problem(s) and issues you identified (Justify solution)
- Describe solution benefit(s)
- Discuss the feasibility of the solution
- Present an implementation plan for your proposed solution
Process Improvement Research was first posted on April 19, 2020 at 4:17 pm.
©2020 "Pacifictime.essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"