NU310-6: Synthesize research evidence for best practice to improve patient outcomes.
Read this Article
The purpose of this assignment is for you to incorporate research evidence into a clinical model for a practice change. Using the Iowa Model for Evidence Based Practice as a guide, develop a concept map/schematic that shows the pathways necessary for a clinical change that you would like to see implemented in your current practice setting.
The concept map should include the 7 steps below in schematic format:
1. Formulate a clinical problem that is nursing sensitive and patient focused. Develop a PICO statement to articulate a research question>
P=Population (Who is your population of interest to be affected?)
I= Intervention (What intervention will you implement to address the clinical problem?)
C= Comparison (Will you be comparing one intervention with another or an intervention with existing protocols?)
O= Outcome (What is the desired outcome from the intervention?)
T= Time (How long will the change take to implement?)
2. Determine organizational commitment
3. Develop a team to gather and appraise evidence
4. Determine if reasonable evidence exists to implement the clinical change
5. Implement a pilot change to test the feasibility
6. Evaluate the change/plan
7. Disseminate the results.
The post Synthesize research evidence for best practice to improve patient appeared first on Jumbo Tutors.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.