Motivation is the psychological process that arouses and directs behavior. There are three theories that will help us understand the motivation of employees in the workplace.
- Goal-setting theory – Suggests behavior can be motivated with specific, challenging goals that are obtainable. The key to goal-setting theory is ensuring employees understand what is expected and accept the goals.
- Self-efficacy – Is the belief “I Can/Can’t Do this Task.” Self-efficacy is the belief in one’s personal ability to do a task. There is a lot to be said to scoring high in this trait. People who are confident about their ability tend to succeed, whereas those who doubt their ability tend to fail.
- Reinforcement theory – Explains how behavior can be altered by administering positive or negative consequences to actions of employees. Behavior with positive consequences tends to be repeated, and behavior with negative consequences tends not to be repeated.
For this week’s discussion, I want you to take a moment to think about what it would take to motivate you to achieve your goals at work, and what it would take to motivate people that you’ve worked with, or your family or friends, to achieve their goals.
- Of the four areas of study listed above, which would you focus on first?
- Make sure to explain why you chose this area, and why it would take precedence over the other areas.
Week Four Discussion Questions
Watch the video and answer the following questions.
- Watch the Pinkberry case study. Which one of the VALS (Values and Lifestyles) lifestyle groups best defines the Pinkberry target audience? Why? Provide a rationale for your answer.
- Describe a recent purchase that you have made using each of the five steps in the buying process. Remember that problem recognition, or an internal/external trigger for the brand, is the first step in the buying process with post-purchase dissonance as the last.
- Finally, describe each level of Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. Which level describes you the most when making purchases. Provide a rationale for your answer and use an example to highlight the level.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
Source by [author_name]
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"