Watch one of these movies
You are welcome to watch two of the movies as additional material
- The Third Man – World War II Aftermath
- The longest Day – Europe 1944
- The Spy who came in from the cold
- Exodus – about ship and survivors(Focus on this one)
- A time to love and a time to die
- Little Drummer Girl – Israeli-Palestinian Espionage
- Watch the movie
- Take notes
While watching the movie it is best to take notes – on the story line, the political background that unfolds, the names of the people that are mentioned – not so much the characters themselves, rather the politicians, officials, important persons.
Additionally, keep an eye out for any mention of society`s attitudes, of artistic expression in the form of art or fashion, watch for technological inventions that are specific to that period, look at the economic sphere the story takes place in.
- Write your essay
- Summary: Write a summary of each of film in about 500 words each
- Answer these questions:
- What is the political situation in which the story unfolds?
- What time frame is the story set in.
- Who is the leader, what is the political system
- What are the conflicts specific to your film
- Are there alliances, war, hate?
- POLITICAL BACKGROUND
- Who is in charge and what are their goals?
- What are the connections to other countries
- What is the conflict?
- SOCIETAL CHANGE AND EFFECT
- Take a look at society as a whole.
- What is going on, what is happening underneath the surface?
- Do the roles of people change
- What is the economic situation like
- What is home life like, what are the professions, what their goals and ideas?
- What do you learn from the movies?
- How did what you learned in class help to understand the movie`s background?
- Speak about how the movie has touched you
- Begin to do research and find answers to the questions:
- Use reputable sources! Imperative! No dubious websites. Look at the uploaded lecture slides and the reading material.
- For background and more information go to Indy Niedell – he has great infos.
- Form of the Essay
- Cover Page – Name, Class and Section, Professor, Running Head, Date
- Abstract – summarize the essence of your paper in max 250 words
- Summary of the film – max ¾ page or 400 words
- Introduction to your paper, first paragraph – 150 words
- Body – Write your paper without repeating the questions and writing your answer underneath. Your answers should become evident from the flowing text.
- Conclusion to your paper, summarize the main points.
- Use APA Format
- Include a reference list with at least 8 sources including the film
- Get help from the Writing Center in the basement of the library. They are happy to help!
Your paper must have around 4.500 words – that is around 9 pages my typing… Submissions with a deviation of 20% below the 4.500 will get automatic deduction in points. This of course excludes the cover page, the abstract, the reference list.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
• High Quality custom-written papers
• Automatic plagiarism check
• On-time delivery guarantee
• Masters and PhD-level writers
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
Source by [author_name]
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"