You will create this assignment following the Assignment Detail instructions below. This assignment will be submitted in the Unit 3 – Submission Assignment lesson in intellipath.
Review the tutorial titled How to Submit the Intellipath Submission Assignment.
Please submit your work to this week’s Intellipath Unit Submission lesson. Click the Upload button within the submission lesson to access the submission area. Click the Select File button to upload your document, and then click “OK” to finish.
One of the possible reasons that hunters and gatherers do not work more than they do may be to avoid overexploitation of their environment. Think about this: overhunting might allow people to feast for a few days, but over the long run, the effect would simply be to destroy the local game supplies. Hunters and gatherers also demonstrate less patriarchy and ownership taboos than industrial society members. You will explore these differences in a PowerPoint presentation for this assignment.
Use this Hunter-Gatherers resource page as a starting point. There, you will find an in-depth examination of the hunter-gatherer society as well as additional sources to explore. Make sure you use and refer to at least two sources in your presentation. Use this template to create a presentation of 10–14 slides, with speaker notes. A title and reference slide should be included. PowerPoint help is available through Smarthinking. Be sure cover the following in your presentation:
Ember, C. R. (2014, July 23). Hunter-gatherers (Foragers). Retrieved from http://hraf.yale.edu/ehc/summaries/hunter-gatherers
This assignment will also be assessed using additional criteria, provided here.
Assignment CriteriaProficient DescriptorPointsContent• Highlights key concepts related to the assignment topic, drawing upon appropriate course readings and other learning resources.
• Evaluates alternative points of view and sources in reaching accurate conclusions
• Includes sufficient supporting details so that main points stand out.
• Utilizes specified number of external sources at a minimum. Selected sources are credible and relevant to support the assignment response. /60 pts.Organization• Introduces the project and gives the audience a clear sense of the main assignment topic
• Sequences information logically with smooth transitions to connect key points
• Concludes with thoughtful evaluation of the information presented. /25 pts.Presentation Layout• Uses a visually pleasing layout with appropriate text font and color that contributes to the overall message. Uses adequate spacing, headings, and subheadings.
• Uses graphics and multimedia primarily to reinforce main points and to maximize audience understanding /15 pts.Presentation ScriptIncludes speaker notes with additional details where needed to enhance understanding and ensure a smooth and organized flow /20 pts.Audience ConsiderationApplies effective presentation principles such that the intended audience is reflected in the content, tone, and style. /5 pts.Writing QualityPresentation is clear, well-articulated and free of grammar, punctuation, and spelling errors. Information sources are clearly identified and properly cited and referenced using APA Style. /20 pts.Submission Format & TimelinessPresentation length (# of slides) is per assignment requirements and submitted by the assigned due date. /5 pts.Total /150 pts.
If you are planning to repurpose an assignment or submit one you have used before, please let your instructor know. If an instructor is not made aware of work being repurposed or reused, he or she will treat the assignment as a plagiarized task and reserves the right to post an F grade and submit a task for review to administration until proof of originality is provided. Click here for more information.
The following are some tips if you have problems submitting your assignment:
Make sure you submit this assignment by the listed due date. Late deductions will apply for this assignment as follows:
The post Topic in cultural studies.. submission appeared first on oneacademyessays.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.