Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. One of the references come from Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). You are expected to include at least one scholarly and peer-reviewed resource outside of those provided in the readings for each discussion post. I need this completed by 03/03/18 at 1pm.
Please thoroughly read the Discussion Posting and Response Rubric attached to evaluate both the posts and responses. There are four components evaluated for each Discussion Post and Response.
1. Responsiveness to Discussion Question /9
2. Critical Thinking, Analysis, and Synthesis /9
3. Professionalism of Writing /5
4. Responsiveness to Peers /9
To get the highest grade possible, ask yourself if you have SURPASSED the following standards as you re-read your posts BEFORE submitting them:
1. Responsiveness: For the Main Post: Did I answer the entire question? Is it on time? Does the answer demonstrate that I have read the material for the week and really thought about it?
2. Critical Thinking, Analysis, and Synthesis: Does my post demonstrate my ability to apply, reflect, AND synthesize concepts and issues presented in the weekly learning 0bjectives? Have I integrated and mastered the general principles, ideas, and skills presented? Do my reflections include a clear and direct correlation to authentic examples or are they drawn from professional experience? Do my insights demonstrate significant changes in awareness, self-understanding, and knowledge?
3. Professionalism of Writing: Do my posts meet graduate-level writing expectations (e.g., are clear, concise, and use appropriate language; make few errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax; provide information about sources when paraphrasing or referring to it; use a preponderance of original language and directly quote only when necessary or appropriate)? Are my postings courteous and respectful when offering suggestions, constructive feedback, or opposing viewpoints?
4. Response to Peers: Do my peer responses indicate that I have read, thought about, and selectively responded to my colleague’s discussion posts in a complex way? Are my responses engaging, insightful, reflective of current events, or relevant to some experience I have had? Rather than just demonstrating agreement with the ideas presented by a colleague, or randomly quoting some resource in order to satisfy a formulaic inclusion of a citation and a reference, you are encouraged to provide an engaging response post which specifically builds upon the ideas of your colleague in an original and substantial manner, including relevant professional resources that go beyond what you are required to read for the course.
In this week’s Learning Resources, you have access to a media program that presents experts discussing various definitions of cultural competence. As you view the video program, consider the history of the messages each speaker raises and how it frames his or her perspective.
For this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resources and the media program Introduction to Multicultural Counseling, as well as the media program Setting the Stage to further inform your response. Consider what it means to be culturally competent, both as a human being and as a counselor. Think about the type of training that could increase your self-awareness, knowledge, and skills to be a culturally competent trainer. Finally, consider what you might need to do to become more culturally competent and why such a goal is important.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 an explanation of what it means to you to be a culturally competent counselor and the importance of being culturally competent in your practice. Describe your level of self-awareness, knowledge, and skills related to cultural competence, and explain the training you will need to become culturally competent as a counselor.
· Read the Course Introduction area and watch the video Introduction to Multicultural Counseling with Dr. Bass (approximate runtime: 2 minutes).
· Sue, D. W., & Sue, D. (2016). Counseling the culturally diverse: Theory and practice (7th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
o Section One, “The Multiple Dimensions of Multicultural Counseling and Therapy” (pp. 1–2)
o Chapter 1, “Obstacles to Cultural Competence: Understanding Resistance to Multicultural Training” (pp. 5-36)
o Chapter 2, “The Superordinate Nature of Multicultural Counseling and Therapy” (pp. 37-69)
o Chapter 3, “Multicultural Counseling Competence for Counselors and Therapists of Marginalized Groups” (pp. 71-104)
· Hays, P. A. (2016). Addressing cultural complexities in practice: Assessment, diagnosis, and therapy (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
o Chapter 1, “The New Reality: Diversity and Complexity” (pp. 3-18)
o Chapter 2, “Essential Therapist Knowledge and Qualities” (pp. 19-37)
· AMCD multicultural counseling competencies. (1996). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/Resources/Competencies/Multcultural_Competencies.pdf
· Ratts, M. J., Singh, A. A., Nassar-McMillan, S., Butler, S. K., & McCullough, J. R. (2015). Multicultural and Social Justice Counseling Competencies. Retrieved fromhttps://www.counseling.org/docs/default-source/competencies/multicultural-and-social-justice-counseling-competencies.pdf?sfvrsn=20
· Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012g). Setting the stage. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 30 minutes.
In this video, Drs. Derald Wing Sue, Teresa LaFromboise, Marie Miville, and Thomas Parham discuss messages that they were raised with as people of color, prejudice and bias in counseling, and different definitions of “cultural competence” as they apply to multicultural counseling.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
· American Counseling Association (ACA). ACA Code of Ethics. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.counseling.org/docs/ethics/2014-aca-code-of-ethics.pdf?sfvrsn=4
The post Week 1 discussion 1 | Psychology homework help appeared first on Jumbo Tutors.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.